Monday, February 23, 2015

Technicolored Fishies

Being back in America has proven itself interesting. I stepped back into a time-zone that was once real, then became dream like, and is now demanding I play catch up. I'm not talking about what time the clock says it is, I'm talking about a pace-- a lifestyle. Marriage, weddings, family obligations, holidays, patriotism, politics, grocery stores, pets, pet food, squirt bottles, tap water, road signs... and then there is being sick.

I'm grateful for the excuse to sit inside and look out at the world through a layer of glass. My favorite thing in America? Sunshine. But runner up is soap. I really missed American soap. Did you ever realize that was even a thing?

A friend of mine turned me on to the idea of painting fish. I've been obsessed with it for months and months. So I sit inside my little room, surrounded by furniture and carpet and paisley patterns and pastel green and polka-dots and sunshine and soap, and I paint fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment